Dental bonding can beautifully and efficiently conceal imperfections and create symmetry in your smile. During treatment, Dr. Yani Dixon can use tooth-colored resin to cover chips, stains, and inconsistent shaping. At Holistic & Healing Dentistry in Fort Lauderdale, FL, we believe in providing personalized treatment in a comfortable atmosphere. Under our care, you can expect a comfortable experience resulting in a more beautiful smile.
What Can Dental Bonding Do?
As one of the most versatile procedures in dentistry, bonding can conceal a number of imperfections:
- Chipped Teeth: Minor chips in the tooth surface can be filled with bonding material, restoring the shape and strengthening the structure of the tooth.
- Misshapen Teeth: Dental bonding can alter the size and shape of a tooth, making it appear longer or wider, resulting in a more symmetrical smile.
- Fractured Teeth: Minor tooth fractures that affect the aesthetics of a tooth can be concealed with dental bonding.
- Discolored Teeth: Stains caused by medications or genetics that may not respond to teeth whitening can be concealed with tooth-colored resin.
- Spacing: Dental bonding can reduce or eliminate gaps between the teeth.
- Misaligned Teeth: Dental bonding can be used to modify the appearance of slightly crooked teeth, making them appear straight and properly aligned. More pronounced misalignment may require orthodontic treatment such as Invisalign®.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is a simple procedure that can yield dramatic results. Because bonding is cost-effective, many patients choose it as a way to determine if they would eventually like to invest in porcelain veneers. The tooth-colored material blends with your surrounding teeth, resulting in a natural-looking smile. Perhaps the most alluring characteristic of bonding is the immediate result. Your entire smile can be enhanced in a single dental appointment.
Bonding does not usually require the alteration of teeth, and can be reversed if you wish.
Best of all, dental bonding can improve your self-esteem. Your smile is one of the first things others notice about you. Cosmetic dental treatments can give you a tremendous boost in confidence.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Bonding?
If you have healthy teeth and gums, and would like to address minor cosmetic flaws in your smile, dental bonding may be right for you. If you have more serious issues, such as decay or periodontal disease, these should be addressed before proceeding with any cosmetic treatment.
The Treatment Process
Cosmetic dental bonding is a fairly quick process that can be completed in a single appointment involving:
- Preparation: Dr. Yani will carefully select a bonding material that is color-matched to your teeth. A mild acidic solution will be applied to the tooth surface to prepare it for bonding.
- Application: The composite resin will be carefully applied to the tooth. While it is malleable, the material will be shaped to achieve the desired effect.
- Curing: Once the bonding material is in place, a special light will be used to harden, or cure, the composite.
- Shaping: Once the material is cured, Dr. Yani can make any adjustments necessary to achieve a natural-looking result.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you would like to improve the aesthetics of your smile, schedule a consultation with Dr. Yani. Following an evaluation, she can determine if bonding is right for you. Call our office at (954) 525-6010, or contact us online.
“5 star dental office! Thank you Dr Yani and team for being so welcoming, reassuring and attentive to my needs. Overall a great experience!” Anna T.